Membership in the Annapolis/Anne Arundel Financial Education Coalition (AAAFEC) is free and open to individuals, organizations, businesses and public sector entities who share our mission. The Coalition meets monthly, and has four standing committees: Program, Membership, Communications, and Anne Arundel County Public Schools (AACPS) Guest Speaker Program.
Members are expected to support the Coalition’s efforts to increase access to quality financial education for people who live and work in Annapolis and Anne Arundel County. Member responsibilities include:
1. Attending monthly AAAFEC meetings and voting on matters presented at meetings.
2. Joining, and actively participating in, at least one Coalition committee described in the AAAFEC Membership Application.
3. Assisting the Program Committee by suggesting program ideas and opportunities, and participating in community financial education events.
4. Assisting the Communications Committee by suggesting communication tools, channels, and partners to enhance efforts to reach Coalition audiences.
5. Assisting the Membership Committee through introductions to prospective members and actively recruiting new members.
6. Assisting the AACPS Guest Speaker Program Committee by serving as a volunteer financial educator in the classroom or generating awareness to build volunteer and teacher engagement for this partnership.
The Membership Committee reviews applications monthly and notifies applicants of acceptance on a rolling basis. New members will be given login access to the Coalition’s member communications tool (Basecamp).
Individuals who wish to be volunteer educators in community or school settings adhere to a framework that is outlined in the AAAFEC Educator Agreement they sign which can be found here.
Thank you for your interest in AAAFEC. To complete a Membership Application, please click below. Completed forms should be scanned and e-mailed to Sue Rogen, Chair, at email@example.com.